Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mmmm protein.

Today I worked until 5:30pm. I got home at around 5:35ishpm. Dinner is done and I'm sitting down to eat and write this entry at 6:02pm. This is an easy-peasy concoction. (It also helps that my room mate made some quinoa yesterday.) :D

This is a SUPER -Vegetarian dish. I only chose to use butter (because butter tastes better), you can skip that dairy and it'll become 100% vegan. Woooo.

So, what I had in my fridge today was a lime, half of a red bell pepper, 1 lb of firm tofu, Sriracha sauce (or Rooster sauce),  some broccoli, and some pre-cooked quinoa. In my pantry I had some peanut butter, and some 'liquid aminos' a.k.a. soy sauce.

1. Saute bell pepper and broccoli wi' da budda.

2. Cube up the tofu to desired bite-size pieces.

3. Combine about 1-2 tbsp of the peanut butter with the hot sauce according to your tastes and then add about a relatively large splash of the aminos. Stir together until it gets mixed thoroughly.

4. Add the tofu to the pan along with the sauce.

5. Add your quinoa to the pan, or reheat it and put however much you have/want into your bowl.

6. Top quinoa with tasty food, garnish with some lime juice (it's gooood).

Tofu is a complete protein made out of coagulated soy bean protein. The varying densities (that you can buy at the sto') refer to how much water is pressed out before consuming.

Quinoa is an ancient grain that's coming back to the lime-light. It looks a little weird when it's cooked because of the curly-doobies, but it's pretty much delicious in any kind of application. You can replace rice with quinoa in any meal. There are lots of fun things you can do with it. IT'S ALSO A GREAT SOURCE OF PROTEIN.

Ta da! ::om nom nom::

No comments:

Post a Comment