Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wednesday, August 4.

I've been wanting to make veggie-tacos for a while. I don't mean just plain ol' vegetables put in a tortilla shell with sour cream and salsa and calling it a day. I mean taking those spice packets with sodium, cumin, chili powder, and corn starch; the ones where you have to add water and if you use ground beef it turns the grease orange. That stuff. I took half an onion, a medium zucchini, and half of one of those not-quite-ripe roma tomatoes they sell at the huge supermarkets and cut them at around a medium dice and sauteed them.

Then I ripped one of those spice packets open and, sprinkled about 1/2 to 1/4 of the contents in, and added that tiny bit of water that makes all the difference. I took one huge tortilla and placed it in my frying pan, then I laced the bottom with some pre-shredded cheese. Sargento sure does make awesome authentic mexican cheese. :\

'S so goood.
As the cheese started to melt, I opened a can of Amy's organic refried black beans and schmeared some around on top, took a large scoopful of the veggie goodness and plopped it on to the beans. This is my kind of quesadilla. Half of an avocado, some fresh lime juice, habanero salsa, and sour cream on top and shazam. Dinner for one is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment